Rollin’ Back In

The students listen to the guest speaker during the “Back to School” assembly outside at Tiger Stadium. “It may have been hot, but the excitement of all the students was evident during this first assembly,” said Serena Jackson.

Photo used with permission from ozarktigers.org

Katie Wells, Writer

There are 104 days of summer vacation as Phineas and Ferb say, but the countdown has come to an end as students are getting back into the routine of the first week of school. 

Senior Savannah Jenkins, the 2019-20 student body president, shares her input on the changes from the first two days of school. Jenkins said, “One of the changes I really enjoyed was the club fair! It encouraged students to discover and be apart of something during school that got them excited.” Jenkins wasn’t the only student who had positive feedback about the club fair. New student Koy Hackworth, sophomore, commented on what his first two days at Ozark were like. “I thought that it was really cool that the school year didn’t start as most schools typically do. Instead of syllabuses, I had lots of opportunities to meet some of the other sophomores in my grade and they were all really friendly,” Hackworth said.

Another Sophomore, Amelia Montgomery, felt that the club fair showed a variety of cultures and beliefs. “OHS does a good job of showing new and different opportunities that students can have at the school. The club fair emphasized that all people are different but we can connect through different clubs.” 

Senior Troy Davidson said, “School might be hard to get back into after an exciting summer but I am ready for senior year and what it has to offer.”