New Teacher, New Play

Caraline Dawson

Mrs.Dawson is the new drama and stagecraft teacher at OHS.

Katie Marshall, Writer

Rolling into a new year means new opportunities for not only students, but also teachers. One of the newest additions to our school this year is Mrs. Caraline Dawson, the new drama teacher. This is her 7th year in education, all of which she taught at her past school in Carthage. When asked about what she is most looking forward to in her move to the Ozark School District, Mrs. Dawson states, “This year I am hoping to build interest in the program to help it grow with some new opportunities and clubs.” Only being at school for two weeks, Mrs. Dawson already says that her students are her most favorite part of the move. “I had big shoes to fill in the Theater Department and the students have welcomed me with open arms.”

Stepping into a new environment and a new school can be very stressful, but Mrs. Dawson had to be quick to get in the flow of things. Dawson immediately had to start big plans for the fall play, “The Addams Family.” Mrs. Dawson states the Addams Family tells the story of, “your favorite, quirky family, The Addams and their experience when they try to host the “Normal” family of Wednesday Addams’ Boyfriend. As you can imagine, chaos inn-sues.” When creating an entire play there obviously will be important and exciting times, but Mrs. Dawson says that when looking at the play she is most excited for chorus of Ancestors. “The entire musical is so much fun! I am looking forward to the chorus of Ancestors creating original characters to help bring the historic Addams Family, living or dead, back to life.”