Ozark Volleyball Pushes the Limits

Trinity Schupp

Teammates, Emily Essick, senior and Hannah Tadlock, junior, jump up in an attempt to block the ball.

Faith Grigg, Writer

Here at Ozark High School, the Girls Volleyball team takes the game to a whole new level of competition.

With the past seasons’ success, the team is extremely dedicated to the sport. Night or day, the girls are practicing hard and even being the only female athletes to come in for zero hour training from 6-7 am.

“We play an extremely tough non-conference schedule. The season has been off to a bit of a rocky start, but we are beginning to make progress and grow and learn from our early season losses. I am excited to see what this group can do as they continue to improve and learn from failure,” said Coach Adeana Brewer.

The volleyball teams record for the 2019 season so far, is 1-3. Although the season hasn’t started out perfectly, the team is making many improvements as the season goes on. 

Junior Mckenna Rhodes said, “I’m really hoping that we finish strong and are able to win districts and COC. Our biggest competition this year is Nixa, so I’m looking forward to having the chance to play them as well and hopefully come home with a win. We’ve put in a lot of effort into being more consistent throughout this season and coming together as a team, so I’m confident that will help us in the long run.”

The OHS volleyball team proves teamwork is their number one priority, as they continue to work hard together to prepare for upcoming games and tournaments. 

“We’ve been practicing together all summer long. Looking back, just from the beginning of the season, I think we’re all a lot closer now and have gotten to build so many more relationships. And because we are such close friends it helps us work more as a unit,” Rhodes also said.