FFA Club Continues to Grow

Back to Article
Back to Article

FFA Club Continues to Grow

Keetan Stutesmun waits for the students to get on the trailer for a hay ride.

Lauren Brice

Lauren Brice

Lauren Brice

Faith Grigg, Writer

Learning to do, doing to learn, earning to live, living to serve. Just 12 words that the FFA organization works to live by. 

The FFA program at Ozark High School is proud to hold the highest number of members involved in an Ozark club, and continues to grow. That being said, the Ozark FFA is also proud to be the largest FFA Chapter in the State of Missouri as well.

“This year I’m looking forward to making our chapter even bigger and getting more people involved. A lot of kids think that FFA is just for ag kids when it isn’t. Anyone can join. Even though we do a lot of agricultural things, there’s something for everyone and it’s a good way to pick up leadership and life skills,” said Junior Kyah Schumaker.  

The FFA club opens doors for many opportunities and experiences for members involved. Students can receive scholarships from judging teams and supervised agricultural experience (SAE) projects. Many students in the FFA club are also exposed to new people and travel to different places. 

“My favorite part about FFA is getting to make new friends and try new things. The ag teachers have always pushed us to get out of our comfort zone and meet new people. Because of this, I’ve gotten to know so many great people and they’re like my family,” said Schumaker.

Students involved in FFA take many trips throughout the year. Because FFA is a national organization, the top 35 sellers of the FFA fundraiser are preparing for an upcoming trip to Indianapolis, for the 92nd Annual National Convention.

Junior Keetan Stutesmun said, “The Ozark FFA Horse judging team is getting to compete at the National Convention and since I’m on the team, I’m super excited. Everyone is looking forward to the concert that Brett Young is putting on there. We’re also excited about getting to go to the expo and look at all the new up and coming agricultural products. The whole trip is an extremely fun experience and helps us bond with all of our newer members, as well as our former members. It is a great example of how FFA has grown over the years and helps us look forward to the future of agriculture.”