National Honor Society Induction

Back to Article
Back to Article

National Honor Society Induction

Natalie St. John, junior, gets inducted into National Honor Society.

Ali Collins

Ali Collins

Ali Collins

Halle Glossip, Writer

On Tuesday, October 29, 115 new members were inducted into National Honor Society. During the induction, new members were brought onto the stage to show that they were a part of NHS. Students that are in NHS excel in scholarship, service, leadership, and character.

Throughout the school year, members of NHS will complete twenty service hours. They help out with community events at the OC, volunteer at Least of These, and recycle at the high school. 

Mrs. Shawnna Wilson is the adviser for NHS. “I became the sponsor of NHS because I really wanted to help students learn how service impacts the community and to be there to help them navigate it. I wanted to be in a position that helps students grow to become all-around great citizens,” said Mrs. Wilson. 

At the induction, new members were be welcomed into the club. Natalie St. John, junior, was one of the many who were inducted. “I joined NHS because I thought it would be a good opportunity to give back to the community because they give so much to our school,” said St. John. 

Natalie joined NHS back in the spring of 2019. “I am really looking forward to helping out with the Christmas lights this year because I didn’t get to participate in it last year,” said St. John.