Highlighting the Makeup at Ozark High School

Junior Lilly Tate shows how makeup can be used in many ways

Photo used with permission from Lilly Tate.

Many students find different ways to represent their sense of style by clothing choice, hairstyles, etc. One of the many ways that students at Ozark High School can represent themselves is by using makeup.

“Makeup is just paint for the canvas that is our face,” says Tate.

One of the many students that use makeup to express themselves is Junior Lilly Tate.

“I love the freedom, and the ability to do whatever I want with makeup. I love the way everything blends together, and how soft the brushes are. I also love doing dramatic looks to catch people’s eyes. I think anyone can find joy in makeup. Regardless of age, gender, etc. If makeup is what makes people happy then they shouldn’t stop. It’s not always about skill, practice makes perfect,” said Tate.

Another student that uses makeup is Senior Emily Woolsey.

“What I enjoy about makeup is the ability to be creative, and allow myself to practice different looks I wouldn’t necessarily wear on a daily basis. If I’m getting dressed up to go somewhere I enjoy wearing makeup because it makes me feel confident and my outfit complete. On the opposite end, if I’m just running errands I feel confident having a fresh face,” said Woolsey.

With so many different ways to use makeup, it is no surprise that many people have many different ways of wearing it. Whether it is for beauty or fun, the most important thing is being confident in yourself with or without makeup.