Seniors Gain Opportunity Through Scholarships

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Carson Amstutz signed to Evangel off of an academic and athletic scholarship.

Used with permission from Carson Amstutz.

Savannah Goodwin

Paying for college can be stressful, but scholarships are a way to ease that tension and motivate students to work harder.

There are many scholarship opportunities for students through attending Ozark High School. For example, students enrolled in the A+ tutoring program receive two free years at OTC, Ozarks Technical Community College. There is also much more scholarship money for other colleges across Missouri with being enrolled in the A+ tutoring program. When in Personal Finance, students are offered one free elective class at OTC.

Junior Olivia Thompson said, “I think the scholarship opportunities that students get through being in A+ is so great. It helps to save a lot of money and helps students to set themselves up for a successful future.”

Many students get scholarships based on their performances in sports. Being an athlete is a great way to get scholarship money by doing something you love. Senior Carson Amstutz is among many who signed to play the sport he loves off of a scholarship.

“Getting this scholarship and opportunity to play soccer at Evangel is something I will forever be thankful for. I’m thankful for Ozark and how they have motivated me and pushed me. If the school, coaches, and teachers didn’t push me to do my best, I wouldn’t be where I am today,” said Amstutz.

There are several varieties of scholarships for students, which are obtained through hard work and accomplishments. Getting involved and working hard is important so that it can better equip students for the future to come.