Super Bowl Commercials Spark Excitement

Super Bowl LIV commercials intrigued viewers across the nation.

photo via pexels under the Creative Commons License.

Ashlyn Dewitt, Writer

While the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers prepared for Super Bowl LIV, companies battled for a spot to play a commercial during the game.
For years, the Super Bowl has been the most-watched event in American television. In most cases, the commercials for the game are as popular as the game itself.
With around 114.4 million viewers every year, companies fight for a 30-second slot to promote their business during the game. The average 30-second commercial played during the Super Bowl costs up to $5.6 million. The fan-favorite advertisements are talked about for months after the game.
Ozark High School students were asked about their favorite commercials from the Super Bowl.
“I liked Ellen’s commercial with the Amazon Alexa. It was intriguing and different from all the others,” said Tatum Weter, junior.
“My favorite commercial was the Google Home one because it was really touching and sweet. There was an old man asking his Google Home to help him remember all these things about his wife that he loved,” said Alexa Matthews, junior.
“The Bill Murray Groundhog Day one was my favorite. It’s a throwback to an older movie which I don’t think many kids these days have watched,” said Dominic Zitzke, junior.
“I enjoyed the Aqua-Man commercial for Rocket Mortgage. It was kind of weird but super funny,” said Riley Rhodus, junior.
“The Google commercial where the old man was remembering his wife hit differently. It was unique and sad. All the other commercials were loud and exciting,” said Ella Crewse, junior.
“The Planter’s commercial was probably my favorite. The baby peanut was cute and it was unexpected because they made us all think the peanut had died,” said Avery Voysey, sophomore.
The great debate over the best Super Bowl commercials from this year’s game will last for years to come. Much like the Kansas City Chiefs, companies who played advertisements during the game came out with a win.