Ozark FFA Plows into Second Semester

Junior+Hattie+Depee+plays+a+card+game+with+residents+of+Ozark+Riverview+Manor.+

Photo used with permission from Hattie Depee.

Junior Hattie Depee plays a card game with residents of Ozark Riverview Manor.

Faith Grigg, Writer

The Ozark FFA Chapter continues to keep the year busy with exciting events throughout the second semester.

During the week of George Washington’s birthday, students involved in FFA around the nation are allowed the opportunity to participate in fun activities and community service that their chapter plans.

Junior Kainon Bieganowski said, “I like getting involved in FFA events because it’s a good way to meet new people and learn new things. This year during FFA week, I enjoyed meeting a lot of new people at the Cowboy Church we attended.”

Though FFA week is over, the activities haven’t stopped. During this time, FFA judging teams have begun, and students are preparing for competitions and hope to make their way to State and Nationals.

Senior Hally Parks, President of the Ozark FFA Chapter, is keeping herself involved by participating in an Agriculture Communication team this year. “I’m super excited to be joining the soils judging team, especially since I will be majoring in Agriculture Communications in the upcoming year.”

Hattie Depee, junior, is also competing this year on both the dairy judging team and the farm management team. Depee said, “I hope to make it to State on our dairy team, and I would love to become an Area Officer for the 2020-2021 school year this year.”

Parks said she has some more goals for the end of the year as well. “By the end of the year, I hope we can get the freshman more involved. With them being at the Junior High School, there’s a bigger communication barrier to work against.”

Although they have a lot of work to put in as the end of the year approaches, the students have a lot to be proud of so far.

“This year I was accepted in the AQHYA Young Horse Development Program, which means I was donated a yearling filly and get to train her as part of my SAE project,” said Depee.

Overall it has been an exciting, yet busy year for the Ozark FFA Chapter and continues to keep the ball rolling.