Ozark Enjoys Art Showcased Through Link Crew

Senior+Baylie+Beard+observes+a+piece+shown+during+the+showcase.++

Claire Reynolds

Senior Baylie Beard observes a piece shown during the showcase.

Ali Collins, Writer

Art created by students around the school was showcased throughout ICAP night, and many students, teachers, and even parents saw the works created by the talented kids here at Ozark High School. The event was organized by multiple hardworking Link Crew members.

One particular piece that stood out to multiple people was created by Senior Mckenna Kelsey. The project was inspired by a two-person assignment. “The fox was done by a friend of mine, where it had the owl in its eye, while I did the owl with a fox in its eye,” said Kelsey. The colors stood out to the audience and captured a glimpse inside what perspective means.

From the perspective of the viewer and audience, many families were caught on their way out from the school during parent-teacher meetings. Some students who attended the showcase also joined Ozark Culture Club afterward for a meal in the cafeteria while celebrating Mardi Gras.

“The whole show was a lot of fun! After the first ten minutes, we moved into the cafeteria and joined Culture Club. It was such a great way to enjoy both Mardi Gras and art,” said Senior Baylie Beard.

There was also live music accompanied by the local band, White Elephant Poets. “One of my favorite pieces was done by Greta Woods [senior]. It was this captivating piece done in colored pencils,” said Beard. She also really enjoyed the different photos and drawings that were created by students and hung by the school. It allowed a chance to see what talent lies within the students themselves. Beard said she likes visual art because it leaves much to be interpreted by the viewer.

All in all, the Art Showcase was a success. Parents, teachers, students, and anyone else who walked through the scene seemed to be amazed at the accomplishments of what Ozark students can do. It was a good experience throughout and a great opportunity to show off the creativity that students can bring to enlighten their school.