Girls Volleyball Kills It On the Court

Junior Hannah Vorhies and Senior Madison Satterly prepare to block an oncoming ball during their Districts game against Kickapoo.

Jessie Marshall

Kyah Schumaker, Writer

Being an athlete requires mentally and physically bettering yourself every day, on and off the court, and this year at Ozark High School, the Girls Volleyball team overcame many challenges in the 2020 season. 

This season was different than any other and quarantine was a big worry on the girl’s minds.

“A big part of volleyball is how well you work with your teammates, and with the girls getting quarantined often our team changed almost weekly,” says Junior Hannah Vorhies.

Even with the girls being in and out of the game, they ended their season with a record of 19-10 along with two ties. They kept up their motivation and dedication every day for the team.

“Even on quarantine I made sure to stay active so I didn’t fall behind or drag my teammates down,” said Junior Ellie Schrader.

“Our goals this year were to keep a positive attitude and to give all of our effort in every game. Also to grow together as a team and individuals no matter the outcome,” said Senior Madison Satterly.

Overall, the girls pushed through and came together as a team. “I am most proud of the huge growth that our team made this year, our chemistry was so good on the court and off,” said Schrader.

Most of these girls have known each other and played together for years, so the bond they have is unbreakable. There is no doubt of the team’s genuine love for the game and each other.

Through every win and loss, the girls worked hard on and off the court to better themselves and make this season the best it could be.