KRAZO Students Represent OHS Through School Spirit

Emma Burton

Senior Brody Baumann raises a trashcan at the Willard football game.

Emma Burton, Writer

A lack of school spirit is something Ozark will never have to worry about, thanks to KRAZO. KRAZO students have a wide variety of ways to show school spirit, including attending games, dressing up for themes, participating in spirit days, and much more. 

Tiger Mart cookie salesman Senior Dylan Bunch is the perfect representation of Tiger Pride. “My ability to support my Tigers is always exhausted to the fullest extent, often without prior planning. Grandmaster Tiger often speaks through me, offering me speaking abilities I would not have without him,” Bunch says. 

Further showing his love for the Tigers, Bunch bleached his hair to allow easier dyeing that would match each KRAZO theme.

“When I realized I would not be able to color my hair to the degree needed to support my Tigers, I simply realized there was no other option than to bleach it,” Bunch says. Although his friends weren’t entirely supportive of the idea, Dylan is happy with his decision.  

Senior Brody Baumann is another KRAZO member known for his school spirit. At the Ozark vs. Willard Varsity football game, a Willard student entered the Ozark student section with a sign that read, “I’ve got 99 problems but Ozark ain’t one.” After plenty of taunting, the Willard student left, but Baumann wasn’t satisfied.

“After the guy was gone, I noticed that he had thrown his sign away in the trashcan. I thought it would be funny if I held up the trash can, so I grabbed it and raised it in the air. I wanted to see if everyone would go crazy, and they definitely did.”

Although KRAZO is a force to be reckoned with, it’s the students working behind the scenes that keep everything running smoothly. Student Council Co-Presidents Haley Mallonee and Sophia Lapour are constantly at work to give KRAZO the foundation it needs to thrive. 

STUCO is responsible for choosing themes, creating banners, and advertising for each game.

“When we choose each theme, we consider things like Suicide Awareness month and Breast Cancer Awareness month. In these cases, we’ll do purple or pink out to spread awareness. Other than that, we just look at the themes we used in years past and go from there,” Mallonee says. “After we choose the theme, we have to create a banner that matches. Pinterest is our main inspiration, but with the help of Karis Mansker, Bailey Smock, and others, we try to incorporate Ozark in some way.”

Mallonee and Lapour also run the Ozark STUCO Instagram account, @ozark.stuco, to provide everyone with game times, themes, and additional details about other events. Be sure to give them a follow to stay up to date on important information throughout the school year.